Friday, May 23, 2008

TA's

Okay, so we rushed to get paperwork through and now we are waiting again. TA is travel approval. You must have TA in order to get a consulate appointment at the US Consulate in Guangzhou, Gaundong. Need consulate appointment to get Macy a visa to come home, there is a swearing in ceremony and you speak for your new child I really can't remember what was said, we were in a crowded, hot, loud room couldn't hear too well when we did this for Big Sis. Anyway we are waiting on TA! There are rumors that some have gotten them...but our referral came the Monday after everyone else, so we will most likely be hearing next week. I still can't stay away from the computer! This has been a long week, and with the three day weekend ahead, oh boy! Once we get the TA and then Consulate appointment, we can start planning travel! Usually travel happens within 2 weeks of TA! We know we will probably go into Hong Kong, we went into Beijing the last time so this will be new. I've looked at the hotel in HK that we would most likely stay at while there for one or two days, it's real nice (as most western style hotels in China) but it is quite pricey to say the least! As I figure now, looking at travel just "to China", we are looking at over $5000 (our trip before was about $1800 for Rog and I). I hope the in-China travel isn't that high in comparison. It's sad that families are having to separate, leave spouse and/or child home because of the extremely high prices for travel. We really can't "afford" this, I know we should do the one parent travel thing, but we have planned this trip for three years, I couldn't leave someone home! We will do what it we must, debt will be incurred, but we are all going! We are not a family of debt, we've worked very hard not to have credit card debt, car loans (our newest car is 13!) our mortgage is extremely small. This is not a decision taken lightly. That said, I do understand others who make different decisions, you do what is best for your family. The best for mine is to bite the bullet and all go. Now enough rambling.
The earthquake: Well the death toll is now over 88,000 from my understanding. There are many "hero's" coming to the rescue helping as much as they can, how ever they can. Still many areas that are nearly impossible to reach, children needing shelter, food, water. But China, it's people, are doing a wonderful job in light of the enormous damage to it's people. If you can help, please do.

No comments: