Monday, May 12, 2008

Macy Safe! (?)

Well with the day here in the U.S. ending, I have finally heard that my agency has checked with officials in Macy's province that things are "okay". Not particularly in her city but that is what we know at this time. The person our agency has contact with in China is checking on the orphanages in the area and will let them know as soon as they get info. Macy is not in the province that was at the center of the quake. She is to the south east. We do believe she is alright. My heart breaks to read the stories of the many dead and injured. The displacement of families and the loss of loved ones. I know there are many efforts already beginning to aid the people in the area. Here is a link to a running update of the situation: http://shanghaiist.com/ Half the Sky and Love Without Boundaries both are checking on orphanages in the area, if you wanted to see more about helping the orphanages these would be a good place to look. I also believe that the Red Cross has begun to gather aid, I will try to find links to some of these sites and list them as soon as I can. I will keep you posted on any other news about my baby girl and the others waiting in China.

No comments: